The seven-member Board of Education will hold its regular meeting on the second Tuesday of each month unless noted otherwise. Locations and time of special meetings or workshops will be announced in accordance with General Statutes of North Carolina and the Dare County Board of Education Rules and Procedures for meetings. Regular meetings may be canceled for justifiable reasons.
- (Use the "Board Documentation" link at left to view agendas, notes, and minutes
of current and prior year Board of Education meetings)
- September 13, 2016 5PM First Flight Elementary School Media Center
*October 11, 2016 5PM Manteo High School Cafeteria canceled
- November 8, 2016 5PM Manteo Middle School Media Center
- December 13, 2016 5PM Manteo Elementary School Cafeteria
- *January 10, 2017 5PM Kitty Hawk Elementary School Cafeteria
- *February 14, 2017 5PM Cape Hatteras Secondary School of Coastal Studies Cafeteria
- *March 14, 2017 5PM First Flight High School Media Center
- April 18, 2017* 5PM Nags Head Elementary School Media Center
- May 9, 2017 5PM Cape Hatteras Elementary School Cafeteria
- June 13, 2017 5PM First Flight Middle School Bandroom
The Board of Education will tour school facilities at 11AM on the dates listed below. Receptions for school employees are provided by the Board of Education on these dates at 3:30 p.m. except on November 8.
November 8, 2016 Manteo High, Dare County Alternative, Manteo Middle Tours
December 13, 2016 Manteo Elementary, Maintenance, Transportation Tours
January 10, 2017 Nags Head Elementary and Kitty Hawk Elementary School Tours
February 14, 2017 Cape Hatteras School Tours
March 14, 2017 First Flight School Tours
*April 18 is the third Tuesday.